Breaking India News Today | In-Depth Reports & Analysis – IndiaNewsWeekBreaking India News Today | In-Depth Reports & Analysis – IndiaNewsWeek
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Technology
  • Auto News
Reading: Salgaocar Appeals SAT After SEBI Rejects Ketan Parekh Cross-Examination Request
Share
Breaking India News Today | In-Depth Reports & Analysis – IndiaNewsWeekBreaking India News Today | In-Depth Reports & Analysis – IndiaNewsWeek
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Technology
  • Auto News
© 2024 All Rights Reserved | Powered by India News Week
Trending Now: Stay updated with the latest breaking news from India and around the world
Salgaocar moves SAT after SEBI denies cross-exam request in Ketan Parekh front-running case
Breaking India News Today | In-Depth Reports & Analysis – IndiaNewsWeek > Economy > Salgaocar Appeals SAT After SEBI Rejects Ketan Parekh Cross-Examination Request
Economy

Salgaocar Appeals SAT After SEBI Rejects Ketan Parekh Cross-Examination Request

Economy Desk By Economy Desk November 14, 2025 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

 The regulator has accused both men of acting in close coordination to profit from predictable price movements | Photo Credit: ABEER KHAN

SEBI’s January 3, 2025, interim order had alleged that non-public information (NPI) on a large foreign client’s impending orders was passed by Salgaocar to Parekh, who then relayed trading instructions to a network of front-runners. The regulator has accused both men of acting in close coordination to profit from predictable price movements.

In his appeal, Salgaocar argued that Parekh’s recorded statements form part of the evidence SEBI cited in the show-cause process, giving him the right to question their accuracy. “Once the statement has formed part of the evidentiary record… the Appellant is entitled to test its veracity by cross-examination. Denial of this right vitiates the proceedings,” his plea said. He added that the refusal “violates principles of natural justice,” particularly given the scale of punitive measures triggered by the interim order.

SEBI rejected his request in August, saying Parekh’s statement “has not been exclusively used” to draw adverse findings and therefore cross-examination was unnecessary. Salgaocar had earlier sought inspection of documents in January-February and formally asked to question Parekh in July.

‘No connection’

Denying the allegations, Salgaocar said he had “no connection” with any of the alleged front runners and had no reason to believe Parekh would misuse the information. He said the NPI was forwarded only to help identify willing counterparties and insisted there were no financial links or evidence of profit-sharing between them.

The interim order, however, said that there was a prima facie finding of NPI being passed from Salgaocar to Parekh and then to others for executing opposite trades. Following this, Salgaocar faced several restraints, including impounding of ₹27.06 crore in commissions, liability for ₹38.70 crore of alleged illegal gains made by unknown parties, a market ban, and freezes on his bank and demat accounts. His petition says the actions damaged his reputation, leading to the loss of his relationship with the Big Client.

The SAT case, filed on September 23, is currently pending.

In parallel, six accused in the matter have deposited ₹38.70 crore as directed by the Special SEBI Court, after which SEBI permitted them, except Parekh and Salgaocar, to resume market activities. The court recently allowed Parekh to travel abroad after he agreed to deposit ₹27.06 crore, the pending portion of ₹65.77 crore in alleged illegal gains attributed to the group

Published on November 14, 2025

TAGGED:Economy NewsNews
Share This Article
Twitter Copy Link
Previous Article “Bihar approves Gobi farming”: Assam minister’s election post evokes Muslim massacre during 1989 Bhagalpur violence Bihar’s Gobi Farming Approval Sparks Controversy Over 1989 Bhagalpur Violence Remarks
Next Article Be careful over gravity-defying stocks Caution Advised: Avoiding Risky High-Flying Stocks
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Bangladeshi Preacher Md. Abdullah’s Outreach Sparks National Security Concerns in Assam and Tripura

August 20, 2026

Cade Cavalli Impresses with 11 Strikeouts in Win Against Rangers

August 20, 2026

Exploring the Role of AI in Defining Abaya and Muslim Identity Politics Today

August 20, 2026

Freefall: Boeing’s Real-Life Horror Uncovered in Gripping Documentary Review

August 20, 2026

British Muslim Student Deported from US Despite Holding Valid Visa Amid Controversy

August 20, 2026

Tupac Murder Trial: Key Testimonies from James McDonald and Reggie Wright Jr.

August 20, 2026

You Might Also Like

Aequs eyes higher value aircraft parts as Airbus supplier launches IPO
Economy

Aequs Targets High-Value Aircraft Components Amid Airbus Supplier IPO Launch

4 Min Read
India’s edible oil imports rise 3% in FY26 on Nepal duty-free surge: SEA
Economy

India’s Edible Oil Imports Increase 3% in FY26 Driven by Surge in Nepal Duty-Free Shipments

2 Min Read
SEBI proposes changes to municipal bond framework
Economy

SEBI Unveils Proposed Revisions to Enhance Municipal Bond Framework for Investors

3 Min Read
11 years of ‘Make in India’: PM Modi says government aims to manufacture everything from chips to ships; pushes ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’
Nation

11 Years of Make in India: PM Modi’s Vision for Self-Reliant Manufacturing

3 Min Read

About IndiaNewsWeek

IndiaNewsWeek is your trusted source for breaking news, in-depth analysis, and comprehensive coverage of India and the world. We deliver accurate, timely reporting across politics, economy, sports, entertainment, and technology.

contact@indianewsweek.com

Quick Links

  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • International
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

More Sections

  • Technology
  • Auto News
  • Education
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy

Stay Connected

Follow us on social media for the latest updates and breaking news.

Facebook
X (Twitter)
YouTube
Follow US
© 2026 IndiaNewsWeek. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?